To help our clients achieve their goals, efficiently, safely and in an environmentally responsible manner.
Provider of project management consultancy services to the offshore industry since December 1990.
- Drilling Facilities Modifications;
- Subsea Works;
- Topsides Modifications;
- Feasibility Studies;
- Front End Engineering Design;
- Detailed Engineering & Design;
- Close Out.
- Independent Review Consultant and Expert.
From April 2006 until October 2014 after our work had been done we were responsible for managing studies and providing technical input in the decommissioning of the massive concrete Gravity Base Structures in the Shell operated Brent Field. The project remains a complex undertaking, requiring a high degree of stakeholder engagement, risk management, strategy and decision-making.
Since Jan 2013 management consultant responsible for authoring several decommissioning programmes for southern North Sea installations and infrastructure (e.g. Stamford, Rose, ST-1, Ann A4, Ann & Alison, Audrey & Annabel, Bains, DP3-DP4 (all UK), & F3-FA (NL)), for comparative assessments for pipelines and providing input to Environmental Appraisals. An outline of the process followed in developing decommissioning programmes and supporting documentation can be found under 'A few downloads'(DP Process Summary). An outline of the process used for comparative assessments can also be found under downloads (CA Process Summary). Feel free to use these, but please acknowledge where they came from.
We are always open to new opportunities.
Specialities: Decommissioning, authorship of regulatory submissions such as decommissioning programmes (UK) and comparative assessments (UK), removal plans (Netherlands - NL), pipeline notifications and decommissioning plans (NL), project management, leadership, strategy, risk management, written & oral communication, financial management & accounting, stakeholder engagement & analysis, cost estimation and scheduling.
- All stages of regulatory compliance, including UK, NL and UK-NL cross-border elements;
- Authorship of several Decommissioning Programmes and Comparative Assessments (Refer OPRED website), Scopes of Work and Asset Decommissioning Plans (Project Execution Plans) for UK assets;
- Authorship of Removal Plans, Pipeline Notification and Decommissioning Plans for NL Assets;
- Independent Review Consultant (IRC) for decommissioning projects offshore the Indian Sub-continent, Adriatic Sea and New Zealand;
- Decommissioning of massive Gravity Based Structures, small southern North Sea and east Irish Sea installations, subsea installations and subsea tie backs including pipelines, umbilical lines and cables;
- Interfacing with well decommissioning specialists and activities;
- Ensuring requirements of OPRED (UK) and Ministry of Economic Affairs and Climate Policy (NL) & State Supervision of Mines (NL) and Norwegian Petroleum Directorate (NPD) are met;
- Liaison with various stakeholders, including field & project partners, UK & NL Government, NFFO, SFF, ANIFPO, NIFPO, Global Marine Group, industry bodies & various NGOs;
- Preparation & presentation of material for engaging with internal & external stakeholders;
- Retrieval of historical data records and preparation of supporting documentation, illustrations, etc;
- Engineering studies into feasible options;
- Scopes of work and input to Environmental Appraisals and Impact Assessments;
- Examination and preparation of contract strategies;
- Critical review of third party documents and reports;
- Arranging and preparing various Permits, Licenses, Applications, Notifications and Consents;
- Risk management;
- Compliance with project control systems, progress monitoring, reporting & control;
- Cost & schedule development, review & endorsement;
- Seek out and share best practices by liaison with contractors, other operators, etc;
- Ensure lateral learning, and apply lessons learned;
Want to know more? For further details, please don't hesitate to contact us at: